It’s all about balance!
While we probably shouldn’t eat pasta every night, it’s perfect for the occasional quick yet delicious dinner for two– with a glass (or two) of red wine. And with homemade pasta dishes, you at least know what you’re putting into the sauce.
I love this super simple 5-minute tomato sauce recipe made from scratch with whole ingredients. I adapted it into an even simpler version that we love having once every several weeks for a special dinner at home. It really does take five minutes to cook and a few other minutes to chop the onions and garlic– Fifteen minutes total if you count the time it takes to cook the pasta!
- 1 box of Farfalle pasta (16 oz)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped small
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes (16 oz. I use the Trader Joe’s pack)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped (We always have some Parsley at home!)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (You can add some more salt to taste once it’s cooked).
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet or pot. Add the green onions and garlic for 1 minute. Then, add the tomatoes, salt, parsley and basil for two minutes. Finally, mix in the cooked pasta and stir over heat for 2 minutes.
And done! Delicious, quick meal that you and a loved one can enjoy together, with some leftovers for later. (Double the recipe if you’re more than 2 people…)